- Omit the Reception Card. There is a trend away from multiple inserts in a wedding invitation. With wedding websites and GPS, many couples include reception venue on the main invitation, creating a clean, simple look--and saving paper.
- Use a Reply Postcard. Rather than a reply card & envelope, just use a reply postcard! Your guests will see the same design on their reply card, but you'll save on envelopes and postage costs. (See some of our samples here.)
- Forgo an Inner Envelope. While still popular with traditional formal invitations, the inner envelope was a necessity when mail would be all but destroyed in transit. Skip it and save!
- Include Accommodations with Save the Date. We can design your Save the Date in a way that accommodations information fits seamlessly. Not only does this reduce paper (and the cost of printing an Accommodations card), but it helps your guests plan ahead.
- Print on Recycled Paper & Cardstock. Much of the paper we use is made from a minimum of 30% post-consumer recycled materials, and we have many choices that are 100% recycled and organic.
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Tips for Going Green with your Invitations
A priority for more and more couples is to reduce the environmental impact of their wedding. We have several tips for environmentally friendly wedding invitations. The added bonus to these tips is that they also reduce your stationery expenses!