Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Peonies Color Collage



I am obsessed with the peonies in my front yard. I went out to sketch them on their "Opening Day" and could not have been happier in the sun with my pencils and pastels. It's been, oh, I think since college that I did something like that. While I miss my friends at the retail store, I'm so happy to have this part of me emerge. When my 7 year old Natalie walked past me outside she said, "Wow Mom! You should be an artist!" It feels good to be back...

So I played around with some peony inspired collages with one of my current Margot Madison wedding invitations (I love that small pinstripe of pink...it's so tailored and elegant!), the bracelet from Lampwork Jewelry, the beautiful clutch purse from FiazCo, the shoes and flower arrangements from the great wedding blog OnceWed.com. Lots of fun with that beautiful color!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for including my bracelet in your feature! I love Peonies too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Pin Me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails