Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Andrea Springer's Invitations-A collaborative effort




Many of my clients are designers themselves, or they are people who have a higher level of craftiness but want their invitations to have a sophisticated touch and not look so "hand-done". Andrea is one of these clients. She wanted to use purples and greens, and some kind of floral element for her small but elegant wedding. She knew she could do the assembly on her own so we set to work choosing paper colors and font styles that would work with her vision. Originally Andrea considered a real dried hydrangea on her invitation but then she thought about using some of her grandmother's watercolor illustrations on the invitation. She searched through Grandma's scrap bins and came up with this absolutely gorgeous watercolor of a purple flower. The image was scanned and placed into the invitation design for a truly personalized finish.

I designed and printed the invitation, reply card and accommodations insert, trimmed and scored the stock needed and Andrea put the whole thing together on her own. Andrea sent this note to me today which is so kind of her:

Hi Margot,

Once again wanted to tell you how much I LOVE my invitations! Thank you so much! My family is in awe over them, and I can't wait to send them out! (and to get my copy in a picture frame!)

Thanks!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin Me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails