Tuesday, June 14, 2011

An inspirational photo by my daughter

I think I have a complex about my inability to take photographs that I like. Luckily, my daughter doesn't seem to have inherited this trait. She loves taking her iTouch everywhere and snapping photos of everything she sees...namely the cat. Or her shirt. Or her latest outfit she's designed for her dressform.

Yesterday she happened upon a fallen bird's nest and took this lovely picture. I will disclaim here that I did take the photo into Picnik and add the faded border but that's it--no color adjustments or anything. I love the simplicity of the single egg within the composition. I like the visual texture of the cement and how it seems to echo the mottled spots on the egg. I also like the monochromatic grays and how they soften the overall look, keeping the eye focused on the beautiful oval in the center.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to take this even if I stood in the same spot. Some people just have the knack, you know? But this isn't about me, more than anything, I just love seeing her explore her creative ambitions. You can read more about this on HER blog, a summer project to keep the crafting more focused and refine her writing skills. It's called Rainbow Fish Scales. If it's not up yet, that's because I'm still proofing her spelling... ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin Me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails