Monday, August 17, 2009

Greenacres Foundation and Event Center






So Lindsay and I went to a networking party for The Knot last week and I CANNOT get over this place and how incredibly beautiful it is. And I mean truly, literally: I. cannot. get. over it!

Think English country cottage (for the wealthy) with well manicured landscapes, beautiful stables, barns, long winding tree-lined drives. The sweetest looking brown cows peering lazily from their fenced pasture. If I had could be a princess and live here forever, I would.

It was a rainy night, and that added to the mystical beauty. A steamy fog nestled into the midline of the tree landscape into the valley and I was speechless. There are paved walkways dividing the more formal gardens, and a recessed fountain that would make spectacular wedding photos. Well anything would look good in a professional photograph.

Sadly, NONE of the photos we took or those on their website do this place any justice. And I'm so happy the Greenacres website did have my favorite detail: that friar and maid carved on separate corbels outside the entry. Unassuming, poking fun; a detail that I think is so often overlooked when folks are building such large and beautiful houses.

Anyway, brides, if you are still looking for a venue you must see this. It also has a little chapel inside the house if you need it. Lots of parking is available.

I should also mention that this place is meant to be a nature educational facility. They have horse riding classes, wine tastings, cooking classes, naturalist talks and walks and so much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin Me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails