Monday, November 29, 2010

Color Inspiration from a Goldfinch

I know, I know. It's the Christmas/Holiday season and we should be thinking of things green, red, silver and gold, right? True, if you've got holidays on your mind. But I know for sure that there are readers out there who are getting engaged soon and are dreaming about their wedding that will be happening in the summer months. And girls, I'm right there with ya. I've got the heater at my feet and I'm thinking of all things summery and warm today.

So, let's talk wedding colors for summer while we wait for this winter weather to start, shall we? I'll begin with my love of birds. I never get tired of birds! They are flirty, light, and free to go about their business in the sky and trees. I'm consistently enchanted. And, the whole love bird reference is not lost on me either. Birds make a wonderful wedding theme!

Goldfinch inspired color scheme from Margot Madison.


Today's Color Inspiration comes from the bright Goldfinch: Dark Marigold, Goldfinch Yellow, Black, Blossom White, Forest Green, Grass Green and Apple Green are a happy and joyful colors that can be playful and sophisticated at the same time. There are great yellow flowers to work in this color inspiration too. Sunflowers, daisies, marigolds all on a backdrop of bright green foliage... can you see it? It's okay if you can't envision it yet, I'll be delving further into this color scheme in the next week with flowers, dresses, invitations and more. Stay in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin Me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails