Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Inspiration board for Pantone's Color of the Year: Honeysuckle Pink

Making an on-line inspiration or style board is something you might want to try for your wedding or event preparations. I find that collecting images that revolve around a theme can be an effective way to "see" how your event will come together. The theme can be a color or palette of colors, an era (such as Victorian), a style (modern nature) or anything else that might bind your event together. Do some research on-line, google your theme (click on the "images" tab) to find inspiring images. I copy them into a folder on my desktop and make sure I use the name of the blog or website I found them on so I can go back to the source. This can help you make decisions with each aspect of your event if you tend to be easily distracted like me. In this example I did above, Honeysuckle pink is the theme. If you saw a black and gold invitation you saw and liked, you can place it into your inspiration board and see if it works for you. If not, you don't need to overstress about the decision anymore. Take it out and move forward.

Since I am highlighting Pantone's "Color of the Year" as mentioned in yesterday's post (here) I thought I would try the on-line style board tool on The Dessy Group's website which uses Pantone colors as it's foundation. You can choose your color or palette of Pantone colors and then find designer dresses, flower bouquets, shoes, accessories, invitations and more in that color. You can also upload your own images (from your own on-line research) as I did to broaden your planning to the possible favors, table accents, lighting, furniture and more. The Dessy Group's tool is fairly easy to use, with a few glitches (that bouquet on the left is supposed to be underneath the dress, but even though I told it to go under, it didn't, and I still can't figure out how to delete an image after I've placed it). Give it a try and show me what you do!

Credits for the board I used above (from left to right, top to bottom):
1. Invitation from The Wedding Paper Divas
2. Invitation from Margot Madison Creative
3. Tassel via The Dessy Group
4. Bouquet via The Dessy Group
5. Bouquet via The Dessy Group
6. Bridesmaid dress via The Dessy Group
7. Table number from Sophie's Favors
8. Macaron cookie from Magalerie
9. Pink tie via The Dessy Group
10. Pink bird tags from Astonishing Supplies
11. Pink glass punch cups from Katy Bits and Pieces

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much Margot for featuring my macaron photo :)
    Thanks to you I learned a new english word : honeysuckle and I also learned that Pantone has a color of the year. You made my day :)
    Best wishes from Paris !

    ReplyDelete

Pin Me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails