Thursday, April 7, 2011

Fonts I'm using a lot recently

Being holed up in my little studio, it's easy to get stuck in design rut.  I have lots of amazing resources for visual stimulation on-line, but still I often go back to what I've done before because it's, well, easy. Or perhaps I should say "efficient". I know how to make certain fonts work together and I just do it over and over again. And people like those combinations (*cough* Bickham and Garamond *cough*) so it's easy to slide into that comfortable shoe.

I have however, been enjoying some more interesting fonts lately and I thought I'd share them with you. Even the most savvy designer can get overwhelmed with the bazillions of choices, so sometimes separating them is helpful. It is for me. And while I'm posting this, I'm buried under a pile of client and design work. When I have more time, I'll do a little exploratory so you can see these fonts in action. Until then, I have to pay the bills. Ya know what I'm sayin'? (quoted from Trailer Park Boys--does anyone else watch that?)

They are in no particular order, so don't think I'm playing favorites.

Links: Gala & Gala Ombre, Strangelove Text, Aphrodite, Century Gothic, Ecuyer (free!), Lobster (free!), Ultra Condensed San Serif (free!), William Lucas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin Me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails