Friday, October 21, 2011

DIY Friday: Recycled Milk Jug Skeleton

I love to spend money like most Americans, but there is something so exciting about using recycled or repurposed items when working on a home decoration or craft project. My mom loves the "making a silk purse from a sow's ear" concept of taking something ugly and making it beautiful. I just plain love the fact that I didn't have to spend any money on it. If it's free, it's okay to throw away at the end of the season, and there is no pressure if you don't even like what you did. Nothing wasted!

In that vein, this is an adorable skeleton made from milk jugs that I spied on Craftzine. The tutorial and template is on The Party Animal blog. The translucency of the plastic is perfect for a little ghostly trickery. Cute, yes? You whip that up this weekend, can't ya?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin Me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails