Sunday, December 4, 2011

25 Days of Gift Wrap: Day 4


One of my favorite pastimes now that my kids are old enough to stay home on their own for a few hours, is to go to estate sales with my mom. Usually, my mom scopes out what she thinks will be the best one and we head out to check out the heirlooms and garbage that the survivng kids didn't want to keep. Usually, there is a stash of old Christmas crap in the basement, which thrills me to no end! A few years ago, I scored some great vintage Christmas tags, ribbons and a few sheets of lickable "stickers". After wasting great quantities of saliva to try in vain to get them to stick to the wrapping paper, I finally turned to the mighty tape gun to get those rascals to stick. The ribbon is also vintage, and as you can see, mighty curly and brittle from being so tightly wound for 30 years or more. I opted not to mess with it too much and keep the curl "au naturel".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin Me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails