Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!


Can I give a little "woohoo" for the new year? I don't know why, but I feel like this one is going to be really, really good. I'm refreshing my invitation designs, simplifying my pricing format and getting ready to blog it up big time. My main external hard drive died, which could have been a complete disaster but I decided it was a way to start everything fresh and new. I'm excited for some *other* opportunities I have in design and writing as well. Those are kinda secret at the moment right now, though, so more on that later in the year.

In addition to all that good invitation stuff, a continued effort from last year is to practice my photography. I took an excellent workshop in Cincinnati called DSLR Workshops by Okello Dunkley, which definitely gave me the confidence to put my camera into the "M" for manual mode and start shooting. I'm looking at my composition, my lighting, my custom focus and more. I've downloaded Aperture, which allows me to do way more adjustments than Photoshop does. I basically have scratched the surface, but hey, you have to start somewhere, right? At least I'm not cursing the "effing f-stop" anymore. That's gotta be a good thing. This photo is one I took yesterday as we were cleaning up the Christmas stuff. These were some of my favorite ornaments and they looked so darn pretty together I just had to dive into an impromptu photo shoot. My husband is so tolerant of the artistic whims and diversions of his wife...

2 comments:

  1. "M" for Margot! Can't wait to see what your new year brings....

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY 2012! Love the "last minute" ornament picture!
    One of my all time resolutions is "diving" in the M mode of my camera!!!Somehow never get to do it!
    Ill be checking your blog to see all the beautiful creative ideas you have for us in 2012...
    All the best to you all!

    ReplyDelete

Pin Me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails