Thursday, January 19, 2012

Mother of Pearl Color inspiration


Most of you have not had the "pleasure" of seeing my bathroom so I'll describe it to you. It's covered with the mauve tiles original to the house which was built in the 1930s (the color swatch on the far right of this photo). Since I whine ridiculously when I even have to paint, taking on the challenge of an entire bathroom re-do is on the 10 to 20 year plan. Or when we have a spare couple of thousand dollars to pay someone to do it for us. I will continue to hope, but I think I'm going to be stuck with the tile for a long while so I'm trying to get used to it. And in all fairness, it's in perfect condition and appears to be indestructible even for my 3 creative children. I have to love it for that.

My high school art teacher once said that every color will work and look beautiful, if paired with other colors that make it so. This is a challenge and I've been pondering it since I first laid eyes on the mauve "inspiration" in the bathroom.

Alas, I'm happy to say that I think I've discovered a possible solution in this beautiful color palette from Design Seeds. I feel like the veil has been lifted from my eyes and I've been shown the proverbial light to make my mauve tiles look beautiful. I already even have navy towels so I was on the right path. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin Me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails