Tuesday, February 21, 2012

What I'm designing now: A 70th Birthday Party


This invitation for a surprise 70th birthday party was a fun challenge for me last week. I created this for a good friend who knows and loves beautiful paper. She wanted something fabulous for her father's birthday party that was taking place at the horse racetrack in her home town. Inspired, I wanted to use a simple vintage design, and set to work using a combination of old-style engravers cuts and fonts.

I don't mind telling you that this look is a huge challenge for me. Getting all those swooshes and lines and swirls to make sense and look clean is mind-bending. After I presented the concept to her I immediately went upstairs for a rest. My brain needed to decompress!
Inside the card has a fun play on the "Daily Double" race terminology.
Custom address labels make receiving the invitation so special.


Luckily, she loved it and we put this together in short order. I assembled everything Friday and absolutely love the way it looks. The invitation card stock is thick and textured, the design is so sophisticated and handsome in black on the khaki colored folded card. I included special details such as the black and white striped liners and custom address sticker for the front. I love pulling all those bits and pieces together and creating a final product that is well coordinated and complete. It's what I love most about my job!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin Me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails