Thursday, March 1, 2012

Oma's Vintage Plates




This is really exciting news! I just discovered Oma's Vintage Plates, a new business in town that rents the loveliest vintage china. Lauren Lee, who is the owner, has an obsession with fine china and silver that needed to turn into a profit. Her collection of beautiful china has names you know (Limoges, anyone?) and come from France, Belgium, England, and Germany. She really beefed up her stocks to plate her own daughter's vintage style wedding of over 120 guests. Realizing that there was not another business like it anywhere near Cincinnati (LA, Chicago and New York, yes) she set out to start one with her collections. Now she has service for over 160 guests and is adding to her stock all the time.

I had the pleasure of meeting Lauren for the photoshoot I did last weekend for A-Line Magazine (photos to come some time in May *impatient foot wiggles*). I needed some vintage plates to complete my table scape and Lauren came right to the rescue! We looked at only 6 patterns in her vast collection and I had to stop her from showing me more. I was getting overwhelmed with the beautiful choices!

If you are planning a vintage chic wedding, this is the woman to know. The rentals need to be okayed by your caterer since they are the ones who will be washing and caring for them.

I think those plates would be so wonderful for a baby or bridal shower, tea party or birthday party wouldn't they?

You can also see some photos of vintage place settings in-situ on Oma's Vintage Plates Pinterest boards to help generate some inspiration.

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie GilbreathMarch 12, 2012 at 3:25 PM

    What a fantastic idea! I am addicted to china and am always adding to my collection. Add this to the "Wish I'd Thought of That" list!

    ReplyDelete

Pin Me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails