Friday, April 13, 2012

DIY Friday: Make your own ombre place cards


I love how I still use the term "DIY Friday" when I consistently forget to post something DIY on Friday. That's my mode of operation in a nutshell: consistently inconsistent. Otherwise known as flaky-artsy-type. Since I've turned 40 and answer to no-one, I embrace that persona now. I'm gonna be so kick-a$$ crazy when I'm 80. I can't wait to hear what my grandchildren say about me!

I found this delightful DIY from A Practical Wedding this week. I can vouch for how easy this is. I'll even add my own tip and that is that you don't even need to pencil in all the lines. If you have a rotary trimmer, you can just mark the left sides of the card (the one where you'll start the darker part of the watercolor) and then trim at regular intervals (like every 2 inches) all the way down. I hope that makes sense because I just don't feel like drawing out a diagram. :oD

Joy to everyone this weekend. I'm going to one of my favorite places in the Midwest U.S. this weekend, Chicago. This time my whole family is going with me and we are going to do all kids-oriented stuff. Sounds like a lot of fun and a lot of money but hey, you only get today.

1 comment:

Pin Me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails