Thursday, December 30, 2010

Want a creative photo booth at your event?


You may or may not know that I'm planning my own party. It's a 40th birthday party set for June and I've been intermittently obsessed with it --Margot? Obsessed? how strange ;o)--for about a year and a half. When life was too overwhelming for me the past few years, I would focus on it as a pinpoint of light at the end of a dark tunnel I was in. There were so many people who were hanging in there with me and I wanted to find a way to thank them and celebrate friendship and love.

The party has a tight budget but I wanted to have some key elements that create an atmosphere of fun and possibly silliness. I'm thinking that a custom photo booth would add that to the event so I've been on the look-out for one that is both pretty to look at and inviting to guests so they will actually participate. Today I found this picture and it's what I'm looking for! It was designed by Diane or "Miss Brache" (the blog moniker) for her wedding which had a vintage and quirky and colorful theme (you must view the pics of her wedding here, taken by Amber Sycz Photography--I love that soft aqua mixed with dark cherry red--gorgeous!). The rest of her DIY wedding is blogumented here which mentions how she decided her bridesmaid dress patterns and colors. You know I always like that design break-down!

Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to put this together. Any suggestions? 1/2" foamcore with a wood brace so it can stand up? I know that's Amy Butler fabric for the background. Time to start collecting vintage (or vintage looking) picture frames. There is a tutorial on how to set up your computer to do the work of the photo booth here. I'll be reading that one in detail! I'll keep you up on my progress. In the meantime if you know how to put this together, send me a linky please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin Me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails